How should I sell a house or an apartment?
Selling property is a complex process. In order to avoid legal errors or the loss of time and/or money, it is essential to be well prepared. You can roughly divide the sale into these 10 steps:
- Step 1: Pull together the documents for the sale of the property (layout, land register record etc.)
- Step 2: Freshen up the property with cosmetic repairs/a new coat of paint etc.
- Step 3: Valuation and confirmation of asking price
- Step 4: Production of exposé including professional photos, description of property etc.
- Step 5: Putting the property on the market (newspaper advertisement, internet, neighbourhood contacts)
- Step 6: Booking viewing appointments
- Step 7: Sales discussions and price negotiations
- Step 8: Sales contract
- Step 9: Notary appointment
- Step 10: Transfer
Note: The selling process can be sped up considerably by allowing an estate agent to sell your property. They have customer databases where the perfect buyer for your home can often be found. This may allow you to skip the process of advertising of your property.